A Special Immigration Facility Limited Stay Permit (hereafter, DAHSUSKIM) shall be issued to increase the efficient use of territorial waters in the framework of national development.
A DAHSUSKIM shall be issued by decision of the Director General of Immigration based on the request of a sponsor who intends to employ a foreign national as an expert, captain, or crew member of a vessel or floating installation which is operating in Indonesian waters, territorial seas, a continental shelf installation, or an Indonesian exclusive economic zone.
The ship captain, crew member, or expatriate expert employed on board a vessel/floating installation shall be exempted from the requirement of obtaining a visa if upon entrance into Indonesia aboard said transportation mode the foreign national obtains a DAHSUSKIM.
If a captain, crew member, or expatriate expert enters the territory of Indonesia not utilizing his/her vessel/floating installation, it is compulsory to obtain a Visit Visa.
A foreign national holding a DAHSUSKIM is required to have a Re-entry Permit to depart from or re-enter the territory of Indonesia when not aboard his/her vessel/floating installation.
The period of time of a Re-entry Permit shall be in accordance with the DAHSUSKIM and may be issued for Multiple Journeys.
The implementation of this Special Immigration Facility shall be by the Chief Immigration of the Local Office whose jurisdiction covers the territorial seas designated by an appropriate authority.
The issuance of a DAHSUSKIM shall be executed at the same time as Alien Registration and is exempted from the requirement of fingerprinting.
A DAHSUSKIM is valid for a maximum of 1 (one) year from the date of admission to Indonesia. A DAHSUSKIM may be extended by submitting an application to the Director General of Immigration within 30 (thirty) days before the validity of the Permit has expired.
1. An application must be submitted by the sponsor to the Director General of Immigration or a designated Immigration Officer with the following enclosures:
- a Security Clearance from the related office department for foreign vessels/floating installations to enter Indonesian waters;
- information concerning Foreign Vessel Operations PPKA) from the Director General of Sea Transportation;
- a recommendation from a related office department according to the field of activity or business.
2. The sponsor who has been granted the approval for a DAHSUSKIM must appear before the Chief Immigration of the Local Office for the issuance of the DAHSUSKIM within 90 (ninety) days from the date of the approval.
3. The sponsor must submit a written application to the Chief Immigration of the Local Office to process the DAHSUSKIM approval, fill out the required form, and enclose the original and photocopies of the passport or travel document of the expatriate expert, captain, or crew member of the vessel/floating installation concerned.
4. The applicant must not be included on the Blacklist.
5. The Immigration fee must be paid.
6. The sponsor must fill out the Alien Registration form for the expatriate expert, captain, or crew member of the vessel/floating installation.