1. GENERAL INFORMATION
- A Visa of the Republic of Indonesia is issued in the form of a sheet of paper attached to a national passport. The type of visa issued shall be based on the visa application.
- Visa applications may be done by proxy, except for Diplomatic or Service Visa applications.
- Visas shall be used within 90 (ninety) days, calculated from the date of issuance. Any foreign national who fails to use a visa within this designated period of time must submit a re-application for a new visa.
2. COMPETENT OFFICIALS
- The Immigration Attaché at an Embassy or Consular Office of the Republic of Indonesia is the Visa Officer who authorized to issue or refuse visa applications in accordance with the decision of the Director General of Immigration on behalf of the Minister of Law and Human Right.
- The Visa Officer, upon the approval of the Director General of Immigration, shall grant a visa to an individual not in possession of a national passport or other travel document (a stateless person).
- Admission to Indonesia remains under the authority of the Immigration Officer at the port of entry.
3. GENERAL VISA REQUIREMENTS
Visa applications should be submitted to the Visa Officer after filling out the required form along with:
- a valid passport;
- a round trip or through-ticket to country of destination;
- 2 (two) color photographs, size 4 x 6 cm;
- proof of written guarantee of possession of sufficient funds for living expenses during entire stay in Indonesia;
- payment of the visa fee.
4. REJECTION OF VISA APPLICATIONS
A visa application shall be rejected if the applicant:
- has not fully complied with the requirements;
- is included on the Blacklist; and/or
- gives the untrue information about themselves.
5. THE FINALIZATION PROCESS
- The visa will be attached in the applicant passport.
- The visa shall be signed by the Visa Officer.
- The passport with the newly issued visa will be returned to the applicant.
6. SPECIAL PROCEDURE
Under certain circumstances, visa applications can be arranged in Indonesia by the sponsor of the applicant concerned. In such cases, the sponsor should appear at the Head Office of the Directorate General of Immigration to begin the processing of the visa application as follows:
- On behalf of the applicant, fill out and complete all visa requirements according to the type of visa, which includes a letter from the sponsor stating the purpose of the visit/invitation and a written statement guaranteeing the sponsor?s taking responsibility for the applicant during his/her stay in Indonesia;
- Submit the visa application to the Visa Section of the Directorate of Immigration Traffic. In absence of any incriminating factors, the visa authorization for the applicant concerned shall be cabled, at the expense of the sponsor, to the overseas Visa Officer at the Indonesian Embassy or Consular Office at the applicant?s place of domicile. The visa shall then be administered by Visa Officer in the presence of the applicant concerned.